We'll see again this week. This should be illuminating.
From Kim Andrew Elliott:
Last weekend's experiment with the simultaneous transmission of MFSK32 text and images was mostly successful. We'll try it again this weekend on VOA Radiogram.
The procedure will be the same. You can decode the two streams sequentially from your recording. Or you can run two instances of Fldigi, as follows:
1) In both instances of Fldigi, turn the RxID on (green).
2) An RSID for MFSK32 at 2100 Hz will be transmitted, moving both instances of Fldigi to an audio frequency near 2100 Hz.
3) On the second instance of Fldigi, turn the RxID off.
4) An RSID for MFSK32 at 1500 Hz will be transmitted, moving your first instance of Fldigi back to an audio frequency near 1500 Hz.
5) Test will be transmitted centered on 1500 Hz, and the images centered on 2100 Hz.
6) After the dual MFSK32 transmissions, you can turn off or minimize your second instance of Fldigi.
Here is the lineup for VOA Radiogram, program 45, 8-9 February 2014:
1:30 MFSK32: Program preview
4:06 MFSK32: Winter SWL Fest, with simultaneous image
5:30 MFSK32: Graphene, with simultaneous image
10:05 MFSK32: Telescope
16:22 MFSK64: Image of telescope
18:24 MFSK64: St. Louis aviation, followed by image
23:52 MFSK64: Turkey Internet crackdown, followed by image
27:06 MFSK32: Closing announcements
Please send reception reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mighty KBC will transmit a minute of MFSK32 again this weekend, via Germany, Saturday at about 1230 UTC on 6095 kHz, and Sunday at about 0130 UTC on 7375 kHz (8:30 pm EST -- part of a broadcast from 7 to 9 pm EST). Eric enjoys receiving reception reports, so please send them to email@example.com. Website is kbcradio.eu.
The Winter SWL Fest will be March 14-15 in suburban Philadelphia. I plan to be there to demonstrate the decoding of text and images from VOA Radiogram. More information at swlfest.com. Register in advance or walk in.
I'll now turn my attention to answering your reports from last weekend.
Kim Andrew Elliott
Producer and Presenter
VOA Radiogram transmission schedule
(all days and times UTC)
Sat 0930-1000 5745 kHz
Sat 1600-1630 17860 kHz*
Sun 0230-0300 5745 kHz
Sun 1930-2000 15670 kHz*
All via the Edward R. Murrow transmitting station in North Carolina
*If you are in eastern North America and in the skip zone for 17860 and 15670 kHz, try this SDR receiver in the Netherlands: http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ . This receiver is also good for hearing The Mighty KBC on 6095 kHz.