Friday, June 13, 2014

VOA Radiogram for 14-15 June 2014

From Kim Andrew Elliott:

    Hello friends,

    I apologize for the delay in responding to your emails from the past few weeks. After returning from travels in May, my audience research duties have greatly expanded (in quantity, not in importance). Furthermore, at home, I have installed a new PC running Windows 7, and applications crash nearly every time I open them. (Fldigi is an interesting exception: it's usually stable.) This PC problem and finding a solution are cutting into my productivity.

[This hasn't been an issue on any of several machines I converted to W7. Are your apps in the latest versions that are compatible with the way Windows does security since Vista?  (Fldigi is.) If not, are they running in directories outside Program Files or Program Files (x86)?  A lot of these apps shaped up for me when I created a directory outside this hierarchy under C: called Radio and installed to there instead.]

    I will resume sending emails as soon as I get home this afternoon, probably starting with program 62 and working my way back in time.

    VOA Radiogram for 14-15 June 2014 (program 63) is MFSK32, with a couple of surprises at the end...

    1:35  Program preview
    2:37  Mapping the salmon genome, with image
    8:10  Internet traffic may triple by 2018, with chart
    15:31  Pao-pan.net evades Chinese censorship, with image
    21:49  World Cup Fever at VOA, with image

    26:50  Closing announcements

    Please send your reception reports to radiogram@voanews.com

    VOA Radiogram transmission schedule
    (all days and times UTC):

    Sat 0930-1000 5745 kHz
    Sat 1600-1630 17860 kHz
    Sun 0230-0300 5745 kHz
    Sun 1930-2000 15670 kHz

    All via the Edward R. Murrow transmitting station in North Carolina.

    The Mighty KBC will transmit a minute of MFSK64 Saturday at about 1130 UTC on 6095 kHz, and Sunday at about 0130 UTC (9:30 pm EDT) on 9925 kHz. These frequencies are via Germany. Reports to themightykbc@gmail.com.

    I hope you can tune in and write in this weekend.

    Kim

    Kim Andrew Elliott
    Producer and Presenter
    VOA Radiogram

    voaradiogram.net